Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Quiet Around here.

Something is wrong here. Pops left Saturday morning and has not come back. Mums has been crying off and on, and told me that Pops will not return in body, but only in spirit and in our hearts.

Sometimes Mums forgets I am just a stupid cat. I have no idea what she is talking about, but I do know something is missing.

The last two weeks people were buzzing around here like crazy. In and out. Bring stuff, taking stuff. Now we are all alone - just the two of us, Mums and me.

Mums also has been spending time in Pops' room - something she never did before. Every once in a while she says a naughty word. She says Pops never wrote down all the passwords like she asked!

Again, I have no idea what she is talking about.

Pops, I love you, where ever you are. I am staying close to Mums and let her pick me up whenever she wants. I don't even gripe when she does. And I haven't been in hiding since Saturday! Aren't you proud of me Pops.

5 comments:

  1. Shiva, you must be a very special cat. If you sit quietly by Mums I think you will begin to feel that Pops comes back.....when you feel him , you can tell Mums by purring very loudly. My Dad has been gone for nearly 30 years and some days he is right here beside me in my house....he helped me buy a very nice Christmas gift for my Mom this year. He was right in my car and told me where to stop. Listen very carefully with your special cat ears when it seems too quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know for now Pops' spirit is inside me. I have a craving for ice cream! "pops, I am watching Mums closely!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kisses to you, Sheva. Sorry, I'm a bird and I don't usually send kisses to cats so you have just received the next to the highest honor. The highest is if I try to feed you with my beak and that just isn't happening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shiva, my name is Merlin and I comfort my mommy like you do your mums. I purr when she needs me and keep her lap warm when its cold. Let your mums know when you are looking at that spot on the wall for no reason, the one that she can't see, that your Pops is there smiling at you and mums. I do that all the time and make my mommy crazy. She just smiles and calls me a silly kitty, but I know that Grandma and Great Grandma are saying hello and petting me. Take care Shiva, you are a mighty pretty kitty. Almost as lovely as me.....Love Merlin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt that bird kiss. Thanks for the honor, but don't do it again, please. I am happy with Mums kisses.

    Merlin, if you think you are so lovely, send me your picture!

    ReplyDelete